1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evolution iconnectot

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mrkaraoke, May 22, 2010.

1. mrkaraoke

mrkaraoke Member

hi anybody i got the a750 evolution iconnector but not a clue what goes where or what to do first how do i get the information into the iconnector and what lights light up on the box any help would be very helpful.where do i put the cables into

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. e45

e45 Regular member

ok first thing you do is download the software from the link below at the bottom once you have that on your box all you do then is scan for your channels then connect the iconnect to your box via the 232 cable you got with it connect an ethernet cable from your router to the iconnect and just leave it the channels will work after that

Software Here

Software Loader

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  3. mrkaraoke

mrkaraoke Member

how do you download it to the box got all the chanels on the tv but keep getting the message scrambled or no video ready to crack up now

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  4. e45

e45 Regular member

5. topcat96

topcat96 Regular member

Make sure your A750 is switched OFF. Connect one end of the RS232 cable to the connector on the back of it. The other end connects to SERIAL socket on the back of your PC or laptop. If you have no socket on the computer, get yourself a USB to serial cable from Ebay.

Make sure both the software loader and the software are extracted (you should have a file called 17052010.bin and Kryptview_Arnet_loader.exe (filenames may differ). Run the loader program.

In the loader program, click on DOWNLOAD
    Navigate to the 17052010.bin file you have somewhere on your PC and select it.
    Leave the FTA_Model option alone. You may have to chane COM ports using the box onscreen, you may not. If the COM port is wrong, the software will say in the next step.
    Click on Start then immdediately turn the 750 on. If done correctly, you will see a green line go around the display several times. The loader is now transferring the software to the box. Once the loader stops and says Download Success you can disconnect all cables to the A750

Now the fun part ...

LEAVE THE ICONNECT POWERED DOWN FOR NOW!!!! Just connect the short seial cable you got with the Iconnect to the same port on the back of the A750 - The other end goes into the Iconnect. Plug an ethernet cable into the back of the Iconnect with the other end going into the back of your broadband modem.

Run a channel scan as shown on the TV screen.

Once finished, power up the Iconnect. It should immediately start to upgrade it's own internal software but if not you can do it manually from the S/W installation option in the Main Installation menu on the A750

You're done, happy viewing!

6. mrkaraoke

mrkaraoke Member

thanks a lot for your info tried a few different things untill i heard from someone managed to flash the didi box got all the channels on it but when i try one all i get s is scrambled or no video nothing seems to happen when i join u p the iconnector i only get two lights on it do you have to keep your ethernet cable in all the time could realy do with someone near me to do it ive done that many things ive forgot where i started

7. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

thanks a lot for your info tried a few different things untill i heard from someone managed to flash the didi box got all the channels on it but when i try one all i get s is scrambled or no video nothing seems to happen when i join u p the iconnector i only get two lights on it do you have to keep your ethernet cable in all the time could realy do with someone near me to do it ive done that many things ive forgot where i started[/quote]
    yes broadband has to be connected to iconnect after you scan in for the channels and left in the iconnect
    also the latest firmware for the a750 is here and follow topcats instructions and you will get it sorted

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. e45

e45 Regular member

here try this new file below

KRYPTVIEW FILE HERE

9. mrkaraoke

mrkaraoke Member

hi all im back how can i tell if the iconnector box is working i downloaded all channels on the a750 joined up the iconnector put the ethernet cable into it started it up got two lights on the box pwr and blinking lnk left it for ages nothing changed still only two lights tried a manual on the s/w and after a minute or so got message on the a750 failed tried the channel data transfer and got the same result any ideas anybody at a complete loss now

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  10. e45

e45 Regular member

factory reset your box again disconnect the iconnect from the box and power it off as well at the wall.

Then download this new file 25/5/10 to your desktop and flash the box with it then scan your box for channels then connect up your iconnect to your box power it on making sure you have your broadband cable plugged into it and it should work no problem

Download File here

11. mrkaraoke

mrkaraoke Member

Thanks everybody for your help with my problems on the iconnector flashed the box with new firmware but when i join up the iconnector it wont go by two lights it just wont kick in bought all new cables to see if that would help but no two weeks stuck in the computer room time to break free all back in there boxes back to council telly thanks once again to all who got involved keep up the good work

12. e45

e45 Regular member

What firmware are you using date ?? is it the 15/4 firmware you have ??

13. mrkaraoke

mrkaraoke Member

the firmware i installed is 25/5/10 its loaded all right got a friend to try in his house everything worked fine got home set it all up the minute i connect the broadband cable it just wont recognise it all i get is no signal ect as i said all new cables the internet just wont connect

14. e45

e45 Regular member

is your area changed to N3 yet ?? if its not that box will not work until it is can also be down to a setting in your router could be a security setting try plugging it direct into the modem and see what happens if it works on the modem you know its your router that needs pre configuring